Oh, now, this is bothersome. I’ve recently joined the stash knit down Ravelry Group, where they run a ‘WIP Wednesday’ thread. “What a good idea!” thinks I. “I must do a WIP roundup blog post, and then I’ll know what I’m working on.”
“Hang on, Self,” says my other brain, “Didn’t you do something a bit like this not too long ago?”
“Why, yes, I think I did, Other Brain! Maybe I should check my blog and find out what I wrote then!”
Well, gee. That was January 6th, and I have finished no knitting projects since. Not one. Every single project listed on that page is still a WIP.
Come to that, I haven’t finished any weaving or sewing projects, either. I did finish the spinning I had on the wheel back then (at least partly because I quit halfway through), and I also spun up the alpaca/BFL at the beginning of February. And the humbug Shetland.
It would be brilliant to be able to come to the beginning of 2012 and look back at the things that were unfinished – and see what progress has been made – as well as to list the new projects that have been completed.
That’s what I said, way back there in January. Well, at this rate, it’s going to be a damn short list. (Full disclosure: I have cast on a new knitting project, and warped another loom. What happened to my monogamous ways?). I think WIP Wednesday might have to be a new feature on this blog, so let’s start with an official list:
- Basil. It only needs the side seams sewing up! But I couldn’t find the rest of the yarn when I pulled it out of storage at the weekend. 😦
- The Nightingale Stole. Made a lot of progress when I was sick in February; haven’t touched it since.
- The New Project. This hasn’t even made it onto Ravelry yet!
- The Ugly Socks. I’ll be frogging these.
- Dad’s Christmas Sweater. Big. Woolly. Heavy. Did I tell you we’re having an April heatwave?
- The card-woven band.
- The cut pile sampler: continue, or cut it off!
- The New Warp.
- The Titania batts (spindle)
- The Abbybatt Weft (spindle)
- The Quilt
- The Crochet Curtain
- The Tudor Sleeves.
The studio is a *tip* again, which might account for my inability to find the rest of the yarn for Basil, and it doesn’t look like I’ll get around to tidying it for a week or two. I think that the new project (yet to be revealed!) and Nightingale Wing will probably get more attention in the short term. Let’s see if I can give you an update next week!